isabelle-dann
23rd October 2011

Manchester male grooming at its finest

Treatments that will turn you into a super-pretty specimen of menfolk

Guys! Exhausted by your snarky tutor / whiney girlfriend / bitchy boyfriend? Need to refresh your delicate self after one too many mornings waking up on the bathroom floor covered in jam? Well, look no further for ostensible gentrification than The Gentry Grooming Co.

The brainchild of ex-Apprentice contestant Adele Lock, The Gentry Grooming Co offers the very best male grooming experience in Manchester, with salons in Manchester city centre, Wilmslow and Didsbury. Hair, colour, shaving, massage, manicure, facial, eyebrow and teeth whitening services are all available in a super-relaxing ambiance, with some of the best treatments including:

• Cut and Finish (wet cut and blow), £24.50, 30 mins.
• Deep Cleansing & Nourishing Hair and Scalp Treatment with Hot Towels, £10, 10 mins.
• Traditional Cut Throat Shave with Hot Towels (for sensitive skin), £27.50, 40 mins.
• Luxury Manicure & Hand Massage, £25, 45 mins.
• Deep Cleansing Facial with Face Mask (Treatment followed by Hot Towels), £35, 40 mins.

Additionally, a luxury male grooming product range is available in-store and online, enabling would-be dandies everywhere to take care of their pretty entities in the comfort of their own home. The Essentials Range consists of eight daily skincare and shaving products:

• The All Over Wash, £10.95
• The Face Wash, £10.95
• The Face Scrub, £12.95
• The Shave Oil, £9.95
• The Shave Cream, £12.95
• The Face Balm, £14.95
• The Eye Cream, £14.95
• The Styling Cream, £11.95

Moreover, the range is over 93% natural, pH balanced, free from alcohol, parabens and chemical preservatives – perfect for men with a sensitive complexion. Day and night time fragrances are also available. Concerning the range, Mr Black of Gentlemen’s Goods blog writes: “I have been trying the range for the last two weeks and I have to say they are a pleasure to use, the peppery scent from the face wash really wakes me up in the morning ready to fight for my spot on the train. Like a lot of men I find that some products far from sooth my skin actually irritate it due to all the chemicals used in the usual big brands, so I love the fact that these products are natural”.

Finally, as a much-appreciated finishing touch, The Gentry Grooming Co feature various demonstration videos and textual tips and tricks on their website in order to ensure customers are fully aware of how to take care of their sexy faces.

So go on. Treat yourself. Because it’s a Tuesday. Or something.

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann is the Lifestyle Editor at The Mancunion. Follow her tomfoolery @izzydann

Decoding the phenomenon: What lies behind celebrities launching beauty brands?

Why are so many celebs leaving the spotlight and reaching into the realm of cosmetics to launch their own beauty brands?

Celebrity style guide #3: Sabrina Carpenter

If you’re looking to recreate Sabrina’s feminine, pop-star style then look no further because we have a guide just for you

On screen style report #6: Charlotte York

What would Park Avenue princess Charlotte York’s style be around the streets of the Upper East Side in 2024? Enter Ralph Lauren, Burberry, and Chanel…

Influencing goes deeper than we think

We think of influencing as simple: someone you like online tells you to buy something, and you do, like the good little consumer that you are. Maybe it’s not that straightforward