Top 5…

Dance Scenes

5. Pulp Fiction

This scene between John Travolta and Uma Thurman revolutionised cheesy dance moves. Their repertoire includes the classic fingers across the eyes and the front crawl. The combination of crap dancing and crap haircuts makes this scene cringe worthy but oddly stylish.

4. Little Miss Sunshine

The pinnacle scene in the film, Abigail Breslin’s inappropriate ‘Super Freak’ dance at the beauty pageant not only provides a display of what can only be described as cheeky jumping about, but also sees the Hoover family finally coming together. It also brilliantly sticks two fingers up at pageant culture.

3. Pride and Prejudice

Sexual tension is what makes this dance scene between Kiera Knightley and Matthew Macfayden so entrancing. Tension is built by the fact that they are only allowed to touch hands. It becomes too hot to handle when they stop midway through to glare at each other, nose to nose.

2. Moulin Rouge!

No, not the obvious number at the beginning. I’m thinking the epic tango dancing that accompanies the narcoleptic Argentinean’s rendition of Roxanne. The scene is haunting and sensual as the massive chorus dance in perfect unison. It’s spine-tingling stuff.

1. (500) Days of Summer

After spending the night with Zooey Deschanel, Joseph Gordon-Levitt goes bopping through the streets in glee. The whole scene is kooky and clichéd but fits in so well with the rest of the film. Ok it’s not the most technically advanced choreography but it’s so joyful you just want to join right in with him.