Manchester Business School’s MBA ranked 31st in World

The MBA is recognised by the Financial Times as both intellectually stimulating and financially rewarding

World rankings from the Financial Times last week ranked the MBA programme at Manchester Business School (MBS) as the 31st best in the world.

MBA graduates can expect a 116 percent salary increase after completing the programme, according to the paper. Professor Michael Luger, Dean of Manchester Business School said: “it’s gratifying to see The Financial Times recognises that such an intellectually stimulating programme is financially rewarding too.”

The news follows announcements from Bloomberg Business Week rating the MBA programme as second in the world for return on investment, making MBS a sound choice for any aspiring business person. The school’s doctorate programme has also been ranked by the Financial Times as the best in the world.

Yet while this means that the 18 month degree is the 11th best in Europe, it has fallen from last year’s high of 29.

The Business School had no comment on why the Financial Times felt it deserved to be demoted two places. Instead, the school has focused on how its MBA is seen as a worthwhile investment despite the tough economic climate.

This seems to be reflected in their practical, hands-on approach.

“We invest significantly in the amount of client contact our MBAs experience,” read a press release issued by the school.

MBS intends to take this success forward with a multi-million development scheme, changing the face of the Oxford Road campus. It remains to be seen whether this investment will help the school move itself back up the rankings, where it currently lags behind UK schools such as Oxbridge and Warwick.