phoebe-clark

Preview: Parklife 2012

Parklife returns to Platt Fields once more this summer with an exciting array of renowned acts and DJs.

On the 9th and 10th June 2012, Manchester’s Platt Fields Park will once again be filled with renowned acts and DJs promising to make the third ever Parklife Festival not to be missed.

Brought to you by some of our favourite Manchester promoters such as The Deaf Institute and The Warehouse Project, Parklife offers a value for money solution to the torrent of music festivals that are currently being churned out by the UK music scene.

After it’s mammoth success the past two years and winning of the title ‘Best New Festival’ at 2011’s UK Festival Awards, it is back with a better line-up than ever before.

This year, grime artist Dizzee Rascal and psychedelic rockers The Flaming Lips will be headlining, closely backed up by an eclectic selection of Dub-step, House and Techno giants beautifully spread out across six stages.  Whilst Parklife veterans such as High Contrast, Fake Blood, Sub Focus and Annie Mac will be appearing again at the festival, some of the newest faces on scene such as Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and Ghost Poet will also be a part of this year’s line-up.  In fact, a few bands such as Noah and the Whale have been added into the mix to provide an interesting international and varied amalgamation of artists for every taste.

This same exciting mix of DJs and new music that made last year’s Parklife festival such a success should prove to be effective once again.

Phoebe Clarke

Phoebe Clarke

Saxophonist, Composer/Arranger and current Music student at the University of Manchester. Phoebe has been writing for the Music section of the Mancunion since 2011 and was appointed editor in September 2013.

Liam Gallagher and John Squire live in Manchester: ‘Growing old disgracefully’ in the best way possible

Oasis’ Liam Gallagher teams up with boyhood guitar hero John Squire of The Stone Roses to deliver psychedelic raucousness in Manchester

This Feeling live in Manchester: Rivia, The Stride, and Kyris take Off the Square

META – This Feeling’s latest Manchester outing showcases three guitar bands with big futures

86TVs live in Manchester: Headline debut in the city lights up the Deaf Institute

86TVs made their Manchester headline debut at The Deaf Institute, showcasing their new EP and unreleased material

Master Peace live at Night and Day: How To Make a Tour

The genre-bending, ‘indie sleaze revivalist’ brings his electrifying ‘How to Make a Tour’ set to Manchester’s Night and Day