ceri-wills

Leadership workshop with Accenture

By Tithi Singh

By Tithi Singh

Since the beginning of times people have shared stories with one another about leaders who have achieved extraordinary things when faced with difficult circumstances. Societies changed and human kind evolved but for some reason people still use the same paradigm, people thousands of years ago did. When we think about war we recall Churchill; when we think about peace we might recall Ghandi or Buddha; freedom – Martin Luther King or Rani Lakshmi; list goes on. But what makes these ordinary people extraordinary?

The classical view of leadership has always been that leaders are born or have been marked out for leadership from early on in their lives; and that if you are not a born leader, there is nothing you can do to become one. However, that is not the way we see it now. Millions of people have proven the opposite. The way to view it now is to see it as a result evolving through patience, persistence and hard work. Almost everyone has the potential to become a leader, as long as the person is willing to pay the price.

Leaders help themselves and others to do the right things at the right times. They set direction, build an inspiring vision and create something new. Leadership is about mapping out the direction a group needs to take on as a team or an organisation to achieve something greater. Leadership is dynamic, vibrant, and inspiring.

On 27th of February Manchester Entrepreneurs and AKPsi along side with Accenture are coming together to explore what leadership really is and what makes an individual a leader.

If you ever wondered about how leaders inspire masses to action, this event is for you. Event will discuss everything from the reasoning behind why people follow tips and tricks on how to make people follow.

The event will be held in room 3.101 in MBS West at 17.30 on 27 Feb 2012.

Join it on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/events/285042848228315/

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village