hugo-nicholson

Preview: Hideout Festival

Set to become a mainstay on the overseas festival circuit, Hideout can surely equal anything a UK festival can offer, and then some.

Hideout
29th June – 1st July
Zrce Beach, Isle of Pag, Croatia

Tickets: £99 with camping

Having enjoyed a sell-out debut in 2011, Hideout Festival returns to Croatia’s beautiful Dalmatian coast this summer, boasting another enticing line up featuring the likes of Ricardo Villalobos, Loco Dice, Art Department, and Julio Bashmore (as well as not-so-special guest Skrillex). This year’s boat parties appear equally alluring, and feature, among others, Manchester’s own Zutekh and Drop the Mustard as hosts (though the Crosstown Rebels’ party looks set to be a high point).

Along with its sublime line up, the prospect of the festival’s sublime location is a considerable draw; most people would probably take the white pebbles and clear waters of Zrce beach on the sunny Isle of Pag over a field of shit in Yorkshire. At £99 per ticket for three days of sublime music, Hideout promises to be superb value for money, especially in comparison to many UK festivals (£195 for a Secret Garden Party ticket is, frankly, absurd), and cheaper than some of its high-profile Croat contemporaries such as Soundwave and Outlook.

Visit the Hideout website for more details.