ceri-wills
13th June 2012

Pakistani Society Annual Farewell

By Muneeb Sikander
By Muneeb Sikander
The Pakistani society finally had held their long awaited annual farewell dinner 2012 “Cheraagh” on the 8th of May at Nawabs. The event featured several high class musical and theatrical performances including fusion beats, an interactive session with the seniors, a three course meal and an after party. An estimated 260 people from around Britain came out to Cheraagh making it the biggest event The Pakistani Society has ever hosted.
The annual farewell dinner has been a tradition within the Pakistani society for the past several years involving honoring and well wishing all third years and post-graduate students that will be leaving the university next year. This year was no different and included handing out titles hand picked by all of our seniors friends and a picture slideshow which tried to show how all our seniors spent their time in Manchester.

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village