emma-williams

The Ex-Factor: how not to be his psycho ex-girlfriend

Have you been called a psycho? Emma Williams defends exes that have a right to be angry

It seems to be the season of reconciliation, with even the sorriest of situations being salvaged with the likes of Kristen Stewart being taken back by her beau R-Patz, and even the seemingly unforgivable being forgiven in the rumoured reunion of Rihanna and Chris Brown.

But when it comes to the discussion of ex’s, many who say they’d never revisit their past use the classic line of ‘my ex is a psycho’.

Guys are generally more guilty of this than girls, with a recent article from Cosmopolitan USA journalist Matt Titus admitting that he condemns his ex to the ‘crazy’ status due to her justified reaction to his bad behaviour towards the end of their romance!

The long gaps between texts, blowing off dates and even meeting up with other girls all contributed to his girlfriend reacting as any other girl would in getting angry and asking what was going on. But how can you escape the dreaded ‘psycho ex’ stigma to his friends and new romances?

According to Matt’s teeth-grittingly embarrassing confession of his relationship exploits, you can avoid being remembered as his crazy partner from the past by…

• “Not questioning the fact that he takes his phone into the shower with him. And the toilet.
  • If he conveniently double-books you with his mates for the third Friday night in a row, just grin and bear it. Coincidence, right?
  • When your first declaration of love is returned with him running for the hills and turning his phone off for the week, any text from you to salvage normality will apparently brand you ‘insane’.”

Let’s face it there’s only one thing that can prevent you from gaining this status, and that’s the other person’s perception.

You could be as horizontally laid back as possible, but when a guy is looking to seal the deal with a new girl, one reference to the ‘crazy ex-girlfriend’ will instantly get the guy the crucial sympathy vote.

Houseplant heaven: The best plants to brighten up your student home

With the RHS Urban Show coming to Manchester, we’ve found some of the best houseplants to enhance your student accommodation

Why is everybody obsessed with minimalism?

The minimalist way of life is everywhere – what can we learn when its meaning is so often repackaged as another consumer trend?

How to have a routine when you have so few contact hours

If you find yourself with few in-person contact hours and facing challenges in establishing a routine, here are some tips to enhance your daily productivity