University of Manchester Naked Calendar 2013 arrives

Catch an exclusive look as societies ranging from Boxing to Knitting strip for charity and vote for your favourite month

The University of Manchester Naked Calendar 2013 was released this month and, not wanting to disappoint those too slow to buy their copy, The Mancunion has got hold of every month to give you a sneak peek (see below).

With the Athletics Union letting down students everywhere by opting out of a calendar this year, Viki Duthie, Project Leader for READ International Manchester Book Project, has taken up the mantle and organised a cross-society replacement.

The money raised will go towards READ International. Speaking to The Mancunion, Ms Duthie said,

“READ International is a nationwide charity that collects, sorts and ships unwanted but good quality textbooks and children’s fiction from around the UK and takes them to Tanzania, where the schools follow a very similar syllabus to that of the UK but their educational resources are very limited.

It’s a simple idea with really effective results.”

And there was no shortage of volunteers either, despite some shyness early on. “I thought it would be really difficult to get people to do it and a few days before shooting we only had 5/6 clubs/societies signed up.

But in the end we had plenty, one for every month. Most were really enthusiastic about it and really brave about getting naked in front of a camera, especially the rugby clubs!”

The calendar’s launch party earlier in December was a huge success, with stocks almost completely sold out by the end of the week.

But if you’re desperate to have your classmates with their kit off on your bedroom wall, then contact victoriamduthie@gmail.com to register your interest. They expect to sell their final few before the new year, but Ms Duthie assured The Mancunion that if enough people ask, they will print more.

Click on an image to view in a slideshow and then vote below for your favourite!

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.