harriet-hill-payne
1st February 2013

What could you do this term?

Join in the fun at the Frog and Bucket, let Manchester Art Group show you something surprising, or contribute to this page – how could you get involved?

Improdigy at the Frog and Bucket 

We’re proud to present our most exciting project to date: Improdigy – Manchester’s hottest new improv comedy troupe appearing every third Wednesday of the month at the Frog and Bucket Comedy Club.

Students love comedy, and we’re hoping this night will be the go to place for those hoping for high quality entertainment that won’t break the bank. Tickets are only £3 for students, and if you really like what you see – we’d love you to be part of it! The only rule is that there are no rules. Our troupe currently consists of former Manchester University graduates – and we’re looking to get current ones on board too. University can be stressful at the best of times, and we believe this could be the perfect tonic.

For more information: [email protected]

The Manchester Art Group

The Manchester Art Group is an undergraduate collective from the Art History and Visual Studies department at the University of Manchester. We curate events, talks, and exhibitions and promote those organised by other institutions that engage with contemporary art. Keep an eye out for future events and exhibitions on our Facebook page, under Manchester Art Group, and if you are interested in becoming a part of the committee or submitting works for future exhibitions, email us at [email protected].

The Mancunion: Arts and Culture 

Oh yes, your favourite Arts and Culture page is looking for reviewers, photographers and people with an interest in what’s happening around them – could that be you? If you’d like to get to know the city better, or if you feel you know it inside it already and there is something we’re missing, then this is the time to get in touch and get involved this semester! Weekly emails detail what’s on, but we love hearing ideas from you (they are often better than ours) – we also meet to catch up and share ideas in the Student’s Union.

For more information: [email protected], or search ‘The Mancunion: Arts & Culture’ on Facebook

We’re kicking off our new feature, Making Manchester, by quizzing photographer Anna Marsden about her practice and what inspires her.

Sonny Angels: The art history behind your new best friend

Sonny Angels are going viral on TikTok right now, but did you know there’s a long art historical tradition behind the adorable dolls?