nikki-patel

Loving and loathing: Gym wear

Nikki Patel on the dos and don’ts of gym style

LOVING: Adidas by Stella McCartney

Since 2005, Adidas by Stella McCartney has been a unique partnership within fashion and sportswear, appointing her as the creative director for the British team kit for the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games. This year, combining the innovation and high-end technology of Adidas with Stella’s fashion-forward thinking, they have launched a line of high-performance sportswear for women across a range of athletic disciplines such as running, gym, yoga cycling and tennis. The collection was designed with professional players in mind and will in fact be worn by the likes of Laura Robson and Maria Kirilenko at the Grand Slam this year. Although most of us aren’t tennis pros, I can honestly say that with the sleek feminine tailoring, striking prints and bold colour contrasts of McCartney’s pieces ,come gym time you’ll certainly dress to impress, making that post-uni workout just a little more bearable.

LOATHING: Untested tanks

picture: Oprah.com

All too often have I seen ladies of a well-endowed nature, obliviously working out with a vengeance, as their boobs spill out all over the elliptical. We all want to make the most of our best assets, as well as impress the eye candy in the weights section but let’s be honest; an unsupportive or low-cut sports bra is a crime for cardio, bad for your back and downright distracting for all the wrong reasons. To prevent such disasters, Nike offers a range of high quality, stylishly designed sports bras in high, medium and light support.  Lesson to be learnt? Strap ’em down and get to work.

Leopard print roars back: The resurgence of a popular fashion trend

Exploring the resurgence of leopard print – how the iconic pattern clawed its way back into fashion’s spotlight with a blend of nostalgia, contemporary flair, and widespread celebrity endorsement

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

What the Croc? Pringles x Crocs and other crazy collabs

We explore some of Crocs’ weird collaborations with brands, artists, and designers that have rocked the fashion world as of late

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?