joanna-fox

Never-fail cocoa bars

These cocoa bars won’t fail to satisfy the sweetest of teeth

I feel a bit guilty offering this as an actual recipe since, let’s face it, it’s not exactly rocket science. However, I will justify doing so by the fact that cocoa bars represent ideal student cuisine: they are cheap, easy, require no specialist equipment and – perhaps most importantly – create very little washing-up.

If you don’t get the quantities right, they simply don’t work (or at least they didn’t when we convinced ourselves we could make them from memory in halls!)

Ingredients:

140g Milky Way bars
15ml golden syrup
50g butter
125g cocoa puffs
50g raisins (optional)
150g chocolate

Method:

Melt the Milky Way bars, golden syrup and butter together. You can either do this in the microwave or on the hob (in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.)

Mix in the cocoa puffs and the raisins if you are using them. Pour into a 20cm cake tin lined with cling-film and gently press the mixture against the edges. Leave to set in the fridge.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate (again, either in the microwave or on the hob) and then pour on top of the base. Put back into the fridge to set.

When ready, cut into bars.

Adapted from a recipe by Tesco.

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes

The concept of small plate dining

Tapas, dim sum, chaat, meze, banchan and more!