Britain's biggest student newspaper, serving Greater Manchester

Craving & Saving

Melissa Hughes on how to channel Kate Middleton with a two-digit price tag.

Craving: Navy Blazer by Smythe – £500

We should all own that perfectly fitted blazer, there’s no doubt about it. The slightly padded shoulders, the flawless fitting around the waist, the smart posture that you automatically gain- yes blazers are powerful! Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, certainly gains that look whilst wearing this £500 navy blazer by Smythe. The style icon never fails to impress with her smart, sophisticated and elegant appearance and I am sure most ladies in Britain are craving a blazer like this. Rather than the usual black blazer, this gorgeous shade of blue brightens up your outfit just enough to grab everyone’s attention but to still has that power you need in the office or wherever may be.

Photo: hm.com

Photo: hm.com

Saving: H&M Blazer – £29.99

Like most of us, if you are on a tight student budget- do not worry! Here is a fabulous alternative at a fraction of the price (which even has slightly more of a royal shade than the Duchess herself wears)! Coming in at the waist, slightly crossing over at the front and with identical collars, this equally beautiful bargain fits wonderfully. The H&M blazer is only £29.99, can you believe it? This style of blazer is so versatile; you can wear it at the office, or pair it with some of your best jeans for a day of shopping or a trip to the theatre. Get yourselves to H&M girls, this is a purchase you will never regret.