The good, the bad and the denim

Taking the tack by the horns, Miles Zilesnick ventures into Manchester sporting not double, but triple denim. Here’s what happened…

Taking on men’s tack was a fun challenge, and I went interactive this week and donned what could nearly have been described as a denim suit. I had the jeans, shirt and jacket: the deathly hallows of denim.

Fortunately as I dressed myself I was thankful that I had a mixture of three different denims. This was the one redeeming feature in what had the potential to be a deeply disturbing outfit.

Meeting my friends for morning lecture I expected the worst. I got a simple look up and down from one who merely uttered “Why?” Others were a bit blunter with straightforward abuse. Needless to say I was a bit shocked by the amount of people who liked it. My Instagram and Twitter had a lot more positive than the odd and confused looks I got from wandering through the Students Union. I had even convinced myself that I was possible able to pull of this look – we all have these moments of fashion blindness though.

picture: Melissa Malala

picture: Melissa Malala

Unfortunately, I am not Justin Timberlake (and fortunately not Britney), so I think it’s a wise move to steer away from the double or triple denim for the time being. Unless of course you can find me a denim cowboy hat lying around in Affleck’s Palace somewhere…

picture: ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

picture: ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com