michael-howe

Manchester students to run 24 hour gaming event

Event aims to raise money for charity

On the 27th, the Manchester Gaming Society will be having a charity event in the kilburn building. Over the past year, we’ve attempted to bring video games out of the artificial light of our screens, blinking into the sun of society, and this weekend we plan to return to our artificial lights in the collab rooms for a full 24 hours from 2pm on the Saturday. Everyone is free to attend, with donations being voluntary. However, please register with us quickly so the porters know you’re coming.

We plan to cater to as many interests as possible, so let us know if there’s anything you want to see. At the moment we’re going to have league of legends, starcraft, fighting games, a variety of consoles and a stream, anyone who wants to bring their own equipment to play is free to do so, including PCs should they be able to transport them! The University has graciously allowed us to use their WiFi, so laptops are possibly a better option if one doesn’t have a wireless adapter or card.

For those who want to stay for the full 24 hours, there will be areas to eat, and other events of this type have found that dominos will indeed deliver to the kilburn building – computer scientists apparently needing pizza too.

The event can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/188273877988870/?ref=14

So, uh, who exactly is the Borderlands film for?

Look, we all know that video game adaptations have had a rough history, but nobody really wanted this, right?

Celebrities just can’t rescue bad games

The failure of the Alone in the Dark remake proves that star power isn’t necessarily enough to resuscitate an already-dead game

Are we finally in the age of the video game ‘auteur’?

Originally a term created to apply to the film industry, the games industry has finally developed far enough to the point where we have multiple well-recognisable auteur figures in the mainstream – but is that all?

Killer obsession: Ranking the Dead by Daylight killers by dateability

Spending Valentine’s Day alone? Why not let yourself be wooed by Behaviour Interactive’s most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes, splattered affectingly in the blood of their victims?