susie-coen
21st September 2013

‘Oh, so you have a blog?’

Fashion Editor Susie Coen wades through the irrelevant, the outdated and the odd so you don’t have to

Finding a good blog these days is like rummaging through a vintage warehouse, there is so much crap to wade through before you get to the good stuff. Everyone is a blogger, which makes the search for decent people to follow a time consuming exercise. So, to help you out, here are selection of blogs I would recommend for that much needed distraction from reading and essays.

Erica Domsek is the genius behind www.psimadethis.com, an inspiring blog encouraging you to be creative and make some of the things you wear. You can spend hours navigating your way through posts that show you a range of DIY ideas, from how to make a clutch out of cork to decorating a beautiful gold cuff.

© Erica Domsek (www.psimadethis.com)

www.chloeting.com is run by 27 financial analyst, Chloe. Her outfit posts are a great example of classic fashion with a twist, and her gorgeous thick hair makes me cry with envy. I caught up with Chloe who revealed that she loves to blog, as it is ‘a great platform’ where she can ‘showcase [her] sense of style and connect with fashionistas around the world.’

© www.chloeting.com

Mexican born Andy Torres oozes sophistication in all of the looks on her blog www.stylescrapbook.com. This blog is detrimental to my bank account; I simply want to buy everything she wears. She exhibits class and elegance to a range of trends that all come effortlessly together – and she is painfully pretty.

© Andy Torres (www.stylescrapbook.com)

There isn’t a day where www.manrepeller.com ceases to make me laugh. The witty captions create a refreshing approach to fashion and avoid the pitfall of taking fashion too seriously – as many bloggers do. So, if you take fashion with a pinch of salt and want to get inspiring ideas, this blog is the one for you.

© www.manrepeller.com

Iviana Carpio’s blog www.love-aesthetics.blogspot.co.uk is a celebration of minimalist , which exemplifies how much of an impact cuts and fabrics have on clothing. The 25-year-old compliments her pale complexion, blue eyes and white blonde hair with a majority of white looks – creating an almost clinical impression that just works.

© Iviana Carpio (www.love-aesthetics.blogspot.co.uk)

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse