joanne-procter

Carb-free-cauliflower-based Pizza

A recipe for the health conscious, the pizza lover, and the creative cook. Joanne Procter delivers a flavour packed carb-free alternative to the Napoli Style stone baked pizza.

Ingredients

1 cauliflower

1 egg

Handful of grated Parmesan

Salt and pepper

200g tomato purée

4 figs

200g Gorgonzola

1 medium pear

100g Prosciutto ham

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C, and line a baking tray with well-greased-greaseproof paper.

Finely grate the cauliflower and place in a microwaveable bowl. Cover with a plate, or you can use cling film and poke a few holes in it. Microwave for 5 minutes, and then remove from the microwave and leave to cool.

2. When it has cooled enough to handle, tip the cauliflower out onto a tea towel, wrap it up and squeeze out all the moisture over the sink. Then place the dried out cauliflower in a bowl, and add the Parmesan, a pinch of salt and pepper, and crack an egg into the mixture. Stir it all together until you develop a dough-like texture.

3. Spread the cauliflower-dough out onto the baking tray so it’s pizza-shaped, and pop it in the oven for about ten minutes until it’s nicely golden-brown on the top. Whilst the pizza base is in the oven, make a start on your toppings: chop the fig into quarters, and chop the pear into 1-2cm cubes. Tear the prosciutto into small pieces and break up the Gorgonzola into little bits.

4. Remove the pizza base from the oven and spread over the tomato purée. Arrange all the toppings, and then return to the oven for another 10 minutes.

Et voila, a sophisticated, guilt-free pizza – who said the post-fresher’s detox has to be boring?

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?

Cooking a week of TikTok recipes on a student budget

Cooking inspiration can be hard to come by as a busy student, which is why I tried out a week’s worth of TikTok recipes to see if exciting meals could be achieved on a student budget

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself