My Day on a Plate

This week, the Mancunion meets Marxist, Belgian refugee and Cheese and Wine Society President Victor Croci.

The Man Who Plated Britain

Food is very important to me because I come from Belgium, the culinary capital of the world.

I like to keep breakfast simple: toast and butter. I live with my Mummy and Daddy and they cut the crust off my toast for me because crust is icky.

By ten o’ clock, I’m normally hungry again so I pick up a yummy waffle. It reminds me of home because it’s rigid, divided and really bland. It feels all good in my tummy.

Lunch is my favourite thing because after you’ve finished you can go out for playtime. I always have my favourite food for lunch. It is a special food from home called feves au lard avec fromage. It’s really tasty! Yum yum yum!

At home time my Mummy picks me up and takes me home for an afternoon snack of Mini Cheddars. This is really nice after a hard day at school studying Bachelor of Arts European Studies and French because I always get tired after learning the language that I already speak. If I’m good, Mummy also gives me a carton of Um Bongo. My country used to own the place that Um Bongo is from in the old days and I think that’s really cool.

I wanted to write about my dinner but I got sent to bed without it because I wouldn’t share the Playstation with my brothers.

Bye bye!

By Victor Croci, aged 21 ¼