niamh-leneghan

Live: Chase & Status

The Drum and Bass phenomenon that is Chase and Status hit the Phones 4 U Arena.

Manchester Phones 4 U Arena

7/10

Drum and Bass duo Chase and Status have just released their third studio album Brand New Machine, and are now on an arena tour of the UK. In the past ten years from when Saul Milton and Will Kennard met at Manchester University, they have turned into an urban phenomenon, with platinum album ‘No More Idols’ attracting world wide praise, and producing for likes of Rita Ora and Rihanna. They were welcomed at Manchester’s Phones 4 U arena by thousands of excited teenagers, prepared for plenty of mosh pits and music to be performed.

Track’s from their new album, ‘Gun Metal Grey’ and ‘International’ start the show off and set a buzzing tone, with MC Rage keeping the crowd on their toes for the duration of the night. The two DJ’s were placed at opposite ends of the stage and had their resident drummer Andy Gangadeen, playing on a huge circular drum kit. The new staging production came with amazing visuals played on a screen behind the duo, and with lighting including lasers, proving the visual to be nearly as impressive as the music itself.

The group brought along a host of special guests, such as Moko, Louis Mattris, Jacob Banks and Pusha T, featuring on huge hits off their current album, and also welcomed Tempa T for old favourites such as ‘Hypest Hype’. Moko, an up and coming soul artist, brought energy on stage with single ‘Count on Me’, which recently reached No.5 in the UK charts. As well as playing a lot off their new record, Chase and Status pleased the crowd with their huge tracks ‘Pieces’ and ‘End Credits’ featuring Plan B, and older classics such as ‘Eastern Jam’ and ‘Smash TV’.

The London duo has come back with a storm, leaving the Manchester crowd satisfied of a night full of singing and dancing. A group you would typically see at smaller venues, Chase and Status have proven that they are big enough to smash it at arenas worldwide.