josephine-harrington

Recipe: sweet and sour chicken drumsticks

Josephine Harrington whips up sticky marinated chicken drumsticks. The longer they’re left to soak up the sweet and sour goodness the better!

Sweet and Sour Chicken Drumsticks

2 large potatoes,

4 Chicken legs,

Milk and butter for mashing into the potato

Olive oil,

1 tsp of soy sauce,

1 tsp of honey,

1 tsp of tomato puree,

Vegetable of your choice to serve

30 minutes + marinade

Serves 2

Chinese chicken for the Chinese New Year

This recipe is just what you are looking for if you want something cheap, easy and oh my word-delicious.  Marinating meat is a great way to make a cheaper cut, such a chicken legs, really flavoursome. If you’re organised this can be done before heading out for the day and dinner is done within half an hour of walking in the door.

Start by marinating 4 chicken legs in a glug of oil, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of tomato puree and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Ideally allow the mixture to marinate overnight, but 3-4 hours will do—the longer the better really.

To cook the chicken, put the chicken legs and the marinade on a baking tray in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through.

While the chicken is cooking, boil 2 peeled and quartered medium-large potatoes until soft. Then drain and mash with a knob butter, a splash of milk and season with salt and pepper.

Serve with anything green that is lurking in the fridge. Enjoy!

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes