joanne-procter
22nd February 2014

Butternut squash, chicken and feta salad

A healthy salad that is also filling and satisfying is a fine thing indeed

Ingredients

1 small butternut squash, chopped into 4cm square chunks

4 tablespoons of olive oil

2 chicken breasts cut into strips

2 teaspoons of paprika

2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce

75 grams of feta cheese

A couple of handfuls of fresh spinach

A handful pea shoots

A handful of pumpkin seeds

Sumptuous salad by Joanne Procter

Method

1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 for a fan oven). Line a baking tray with foil, and toss the butternut squash chunks in 3 tbsp of olive oil, place on the tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Check on them after about 15 minutes and toss them about a bit. Once tender to the point of a knife, take out of the oven and leave to cool.

2. Whilst that’s happening, coat the chicken in the paprika. Heat up the remaining tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, and then fry the chicken until cooked through. Once it’s cooked, take the pan off the heat, and add the sweet chilli sauce. Coat the chicken in it fully, then leave to cool in the pan.

3. Place the spinach and pea shoots into a serving bowl, and add the cooled squash and chicken.

4. Reheat the frying pan you just used for the chicken, and add the pumpkin seeds. Heat gently until they start to pop, then add to the rest of the ingredients in the serving bowl.

5. Finally top off with the feta, and serve!

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?