Preview: March Clubbing

This month’s highlights

1st:
Bohemian Grove | Islington Mill
Amir Alexander
Hailing from the home of house, Chicago, you can expect Amir Alexander to lay down a versed set to get you dancing all night. Literally all night, as this runs until 8am; one for the die hards.
Tickets: £10
Event

Selective Hearing | Gorilla
Clark / Shed / Clouds
Techno. Clark is performing a special ‘Phospor Live AV’ show which sounds pretty spectacular. Rene Pawlowitz, man of many names, is performing live as Shed; a good choice judging by his releases on Ostgut Ton and 50 Weapons under this moniker. Clouds were involved in 2 failed Warehouse parties last semester, finally in the legal confines of a club they can show Manchester what they can do.
Tickets: £10/£12
Event

3rd:
8 Gold Rings for Salford Jon | FAC251
Goldie / Marcus Intalex / DJ Q / Dub Phizix / and many, many more…
‘A very special night for a very special character’ says it all. With the passing of Salford Jon, Manchester lost a true legend of the dance music scene. All the acts are playing for free and all proceeds are going to a trust fund for his daughters. Come celebrate an important life.
Tickets: £8
Event

6th:
Bank & Mekka | Odder Bar
Fantastic Mr. Fox
A truly eclectic DJ. His latest mix contained tracks ranging from the hip hop instrumentals of Clams Casino, the psychedelic and ambient work of Forest Swords and the pounding, bass-driven jungle of Tessela.
Tickets: £3/£5/£7
Event

7th:
Coded Rhythm | Joshua Brooks
Lone / Happa
Quite a diverse night this one, that’s always been the Coded Rhythm way. Lone produces hyperactive tracks bursting with energy and colour. Happa likes to keep things very dark.
Tickets: £6/£8/£10
Event

Zutekh | Sound Control
Âme / Midland / Trevino
Part 2 of Zutekh’s 5th birthday celebrations sees them pull in another excellent line up. The DJing member of Innervisions honchos Âme will spin a set that includes the blissful techno/house his label purveys. Midland had one of the finest releases of 2013 with the inception of his Graded imprint. The exceptionally versatile Marcus Kaye performs under his techno/house alias Trevino.
Tickets: £8/£10/£12/£15
Event

8th:
Soup Kitchen
Kowton
One third of Livity Sound, their set at this venue in June was one of the best I saw last year.  This time Kowton is performing solo and all night long, expect Bristolian grime influenced techno.
Tickets: £5/£7
Event

Chow Down | Joshua Brooks
Bok Bok / E.M.M.A
Night Slugs have always been at the very forefront of club music, and boss man Bok Bok will show you why. Support comes from E.M.M.A.. Despite the recent flurry of feminine names attached to male producers (see: Patricia, SOPHIE, Miss Modular), she is indeed female. Her debut album was released on Keysound last year and was one of the most well received UK funky/bass releases.
Tickets: £4/£5
Event

Lo-Fi | Underland
Surgeon
After a successful launch night in January, Lo-Fi are back. The musically aggressive and abrasive techno master Surgeon tops this bill – which also features many of Manchester’s resident selectors – in two roomed, new venue Underland.
Tickets: £8/£10/£12
Event 

14th:
Music Is Love | Sankeys
Moodymann / Levon Vincent / Delano Smith / and more…
Music Is Love are bringing two of the US’s finest to Sankeys in certified legends Moodymann and Levon Vincent for the second night of their monthly residency. Levon Vincent upstairs in the intimate Spectrum room is especially unmissable.
Tickets: £12/£15
Event

Meat Free | Joshua Brooks
Tamo Sumo
Not many phrases in house music carry more weight and significance than ‘Panorama Bar Resident’. These words apply to Tama Sumo, one of the best amongst the outstanding Berlin scene. Seeing her in Manchester is a very exciting prospect.
Tickets: £7/£8/£9
Event

20th:
Soup Kitchen
Addison Groove b2b Die
In celebration of the launch of his new album, Addison Groove performs an all night long b2b with Die. Footwork infused with D&B is quite a prospect.
Tickets: £4/£5/£7
Event

21st:
Unknown Launch Party | Soup Kitchen
Dixon / Krysko & Greg Lord / Grainger
Wow, what a treat this is. Seeing Resident-Advisor-verified-Number-1-DJ-in-the-World, Dixon, in a venue as intimate as Soup Kitchen is going to be a very, very special night.
Tickets: £15
Event

22nd:
Soup Kitchen
DJ TLR / Willie Burns
DJ TLR – the crème de la crème. The runner of Crème Organization is playing alongside a DJ who has released on the label – Willies Burns. Willie also has releases on imprints such as L.I.E.S and The Trilogy Tapes under his belt. This should give a good indication of the quality of records that will be aired.
Tickets: £5/£7
Event

28th:
Coded Rhythm | Roadhouse
L-Vis 1990
We told you what to expect from Bok Bok, this can translate pretty accurately to fellow Night Slugs founder L-Vis 1990. See their latest boiler room b2b for more.
Tickets: £5/£8
Event

Selective Hearing & Hi Ku | Underland
Dense & Pika / Jay Daniel / Alex Coulton / Palms Trax
Hi Ku and Selective Hearing are teaming up to bring this fantastic line up at a bargain price. All the artists put out excellent releases last year: Dense & Pika displayed piano infused techno on Colt, Jay Daniel showed impressive proficiency on his first release Scorpio Rising, Alex Coulton expertly produced and got expertly remixed by Tessela and Beneath on Too Much Talk and Palms Trax created a truly euphoric banger with Equation.
Tickets: £6/£8/£10
Event

27th March – 1st April:
FutureEverything Festival | Various Venues
Across the final weekend of March the city will be absolutely teeming with great nights (or evenings in some cases) thanks to the FutureEverything Festival. Nicolas Jaar and Dave Harrington’s Darkside are at the Ritz; the reclusive genius Dean Blunt is at Soup Kitchen; Evian Christ presents a night at RNCM featuring Koreless, Lorenzo Senni, Visionist and T C F; the RNCM also hosts Tim Hecker and Julianna Barwick; meandyou. and Soup Kitchen are getting involved to bring a night with Florian Kupfer, Patricia and RVDS alongside their residents; and there is much more even beyond that.
Tickets: Vary
Event