Craving & Saving

Anna Sopel tells us what she is craving and saving for this week.

Although the flat shoe may be considered the stiletto’s, understated, slightly awkward younger sister. In this case, it certainly is not. Nicholas Kirkwood has designed an elegant, exuberant and extravagant flat shoe to rival any vertiginous heel you could hope for. So what does £460 buy you? Well first and foremost, it buys you a shoe made of elaphe. “What on earth is elaphe?” I hear you cry. (Vegans, vegitarians and PETA activists look away now) Elaphe is a type of snake found in the northern hemisphere. So in terms of materials to be wearing on your feet around campus, it doesn’t get more exotic or extravagant than that. These shoes are also fun, the yellow and turquoise makes them perfect for summer, while the pointed toe gives them an elegance which a normal ballet pump lacks. So if you’ve got a bit of student loan lying around and need a bit of snake skin in your life (err obviously, who doesn’t?) then go forth and purchase a pair of Nicholas Kirkwoods.

Now that the sun has his hat on and the cold of winter is a distant memory, it’s time to ease yourself back into flesh revealing clobber. So, banish your boots and push those uggs to the back of the wardrobe because it is finally time to get your feet out.  No, don’t worry, no pedicures necessary, but these comfy loafers will be a great pair of shoes to transition your wardrobe into spring/summer. They come in either blue, red or pink and look fantastic with a pair of rolled up boyfriend jeans. However, these shoes will also be smart enough for a more formal outfit whilst showing a fun side of your personality in one of these vibrant colours. So put your best foot forward as we move into spring and add a pop of colour to your outfit with a pair of these loafers.