No stress tresses

Kirsty Marsh shows us how to get the perfect tresses for that all important day

With everything else to think about, the last thing you want to be worrying about in an interview is your hair. Whilst loose hair is perfectly fine, our typically British weather is the ultimate foe of beautiful flowing locks. But fear not, for now you are in possession of my simple guide to easy-peasy-lemon-squeezey updos which are the last word in chic.

The Low Ponytail

Image: getty.com

Image: getty.com

The low pony has taken the S/S 14 catwalks by storm this season and is undoubtedly the quickest route to looking groomed and on-trend.

To make your ponytail really sleek, smooth flyaways with a serum, such as Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum, £2.49, and spritz lightly with hairspray. For extra style points add a big stretchy hairband, like Victoria Beckham’s models at NYFW; Superdrug’s Basic Hairbands are a bargain at £2.09!

The Halo Braid

getty.com

getty.com

I have always felt a bit dubious about this look; it always seemed very Swiss milkmaid to me but Zoe Salanda has changed my mind, Heidi hair is officially cool!

1)      Tease the front of your hair and cover your parting to avoid actually looking like Heidi

2)      Loosely gather your hair to one side, plait and pin around your head

3)      Finish with hairspray and voila la!

The Quiff

getty.com

getty.com

Get rock and roll glamour in 3 simple steps.

1)      Firstly section off hair from the forehead as far back as the crown. You can make it as large or as small as you like so adjust the width and depth accordingly. For an interview I wouldn’t recommend making it too high but it doesn’t need to be perfectly groomed.

Tip: If you have slippery hair, prep it with a dry shampoo such as Batiste Dry Shampoo, £2.99, and/or backcombing spray. Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb in a Bottle, £6.00, is excellent.

2)      Next backcomb the section from the front to the back and smooth over the top.

3)      If your hair is short, slick it back. If it is long then you may need to pin it in place at the base, then brush into a high pony or bun and finish with hairspray. Alberto VO5 Strong Hold Weather Resistant Hairspray, £3.50 is especially good for all hair lengths

Braided Bun

getty.com

getty.com

A classic bun will always look sweet and neat. For a Spring/Summer 14 twist try a braided bun; it’s smart enough for an interview but has a little more personality than a classic ballerina style.

1)      Brush hair into a high ponytail and secure with a band.

2)      Next split the hair into two sections, plait them individually and secure with clear elastics.

3)      Wrap the plaits around the base of your ponytail one at a time and pin to form a bun. Finish with hairspray and red lippy; c’est très jolie!