Preview: Electric Castle Festival

Ever wanted to party at a castle in Transylvania?

Located on the beautiful grounds of the largest castle in Transylvania, Bánffy’s Castle Domain in Cluj county, Romania, Electric Castle Festival is already making a real name for itself as Romania’s biggest electronic music festival. A relatively new kid on the block, having only been launched last year, it was already shortlisted for Best Medium Size European Festival category among festivals such as Melt!, Balaton Sound, I Love Techno and Volt.

On its first edition in 2013 more than 32.000 people passed through the festival’s gates over its  3 days period and the 4 stages were crowded with over 90 artists. Some of the performers were: Morcheeba, Pendulum DJ Set, Feed Me, James Zabiela, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Dope DOD, Dub Pistols, Stanton Warriors, A Skillz, Krafty Kuts, Wankelmut and Telepopmusik Live.

Held on the domain of Bánffy Castle (or Bonțida Bánffy Castle), the festival wants to be more than a concert extension and tries to offer a full experience to the participants by creating a mix between the unique location, filled with beauty and history, all day round urban activities (like extreme sports, audio-video production workshops) and a large variety of electronic music. Bánffy Castle was built in the 15th century and it was owned by the Bánffy family. The castle was desecrated during World War II by German troops and neglected by the communist regime in Romania; it is currently being restored by the Transylvania Trust as a cultural center. Electric Castle Festival is supporting the restoration process by donating an amount of money earned from the tickets sale.

Electric Castle 2nd Edition will take place between 19-22 June 2014 and is set to be “Bigger, Stronger, Better” with 4 festival days, 6 stages and over 100 top artists from around the world. Some of the artists confirmed so far: Die Antwoord, Thievery Corporation, Bonobo Live, Rusko, DJ Fresh, Gramatik, Chris Liebing, Sasha, Kraak & Smaak, Foreign Beggars + many more.

With tickets costing only £45, this festival is the best deal you will find this summer! So what are you waiting for? Go pack your bags, get your ticket and come enjoy this amazing experience!

More details on:

www.electriccastle.ro

www.facebook.com/electriccastle

Official 2013 Edition After Movie:

by Mihai Antonescu