natalie-proctor
31st May 2014

Summer Dresses for Every Shape

Natalie Proctor advises which summer dresses are best for your body shape

With summer right around the corner it’s time to start thinking about your summer wardrobe. The perfect summer dress should be a staple of every woman’s wardrobe, but it’s crucial to buy what’s best for your shape!

1 . Apple

Apple’s carry their weight on their upper half. Apple however is perhaps one of the easiest shapes to dress for. You just need to make sure you show off those slim pins! Dresses that skim over the larger upper body and show off the small lower body are best.

2. Hourglass

topshop.co.uk

Hourglass is perhaps the most sought after shape for women. With curves in all the right places, hourglass women should embrace their natural sex appeal and make sure they show them off. This dress by Topshop has the small waist and low neckline that flatters the hourglass figure.

3. Boyish/ Slim

ASOS.com

The slim frame can get away with some more daring styles of dresses. At the same time, the small proportions of a boyish shape can get away with effortless class, by wearing floaty dresses such as this one from ASOS. The tribal patterns are also very in this season.

4. Pear

topshop.co.uk

Pear shapes know that their best asset is their petit upper body. This dress is perfect for accentuating the elegant shoulders and torso whilst balancing out your figure with a very fashionably straight A-line skirt. The off the shoulder neckline is becoming a big trend this year, and looks great on everyone.

5. Petit

urbanoutfitters.com

The petit shape needs to be wary of dresses that will swamp their small frames. Dresses that are fitted but allow movement are perfect. This dress by Urban Outfitters shows a bit of flesh but remains classy. This is a classic 90’s style dress, which is coming back with a vengeance this season.

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

What the Croc? Pringles x Crocs and other crazy collabs

We explore some of Crocs’ weird collaborations with brands, artists, and designers that have rocked the fashion world as of late

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?

Zendaya and the art of theme dressing

Are Zendaya and stylist Law Roach the fashion worlds answer to Lennon and McCartney?