anna-phillips

Man in serious condition after Fallowfield attack

The man was left with serious head injuries at local petrol station after a violent dispute over bike ownership.

A man is in a serious condition after being attacked outside the Shell Garage on Wilmslow Road in the early hours of last Tuesday morning.

The 51-year-old cycled to the garage to buy some cigarettes and was approached by another man who took his bike from him. He was then punched several times and pulled to the ground where he was kicked in the head.

The cyclist was left with serious head injuries and is currently in a stable condition in hospital.

Detective Inspector Adrian Gallagher from Greater Manchester Police said: “At this stage, it appears there was an argument over the ownership of the bicycle which has resulted in a nasty assault.

“The man is very poorly in hospital and is currently receiving treatment for a fractured skull and a bleed on the brain.

“We have already spoken to a number of witnesses who were at the Shell Garage at the time of the offence, but there were others who we have not yet identified.

“We are urging anyone who witnessed this attack to come forward to police and tell us what you saw.”

A 46-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault and remains in custody.

Greater Manchester Police are appealing for witnesses of this attack and anyone with information should call the police on 0161 856 4973 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.