Pub of the Week: The Dog and Patridge

Sam Joyce and Charlie Filmer-Court review East Didsbury’s The Dog and Partridge—a quaint pub with a fantastic atmosphere

The Dog and Partridge is our idea of everything that a perfect pub should be. So similar is it to a countryside tavern that you might believe East Didsbury was actually a village (if it wasn’t for the magic buses whizzing past the window!). A far cry from Koh Tao, its dark wooden panelling and cosy atmosphere make it an ideal place to settle in for six or seven pints on a Sunday. The place is known for its pies and deli boards, whilst for the skint they keep a big barrel of free nuts in the corner. The clincher for us is a colossal pile of board games next to the quiz machine, perfect for those who like to Scrabble whilst they drink their pint.

Drinks: Amstel and Timothy Taylor Landlord on tap, plus a constantly changing selection of guest ales, currently (Silver Owl Pale Ale and Tribute). Cheapest pint: Adnams Southwold bitter at £2.55.
What’s on: Quiz night on a Monday with £100 cash prize, regular live sports, with live music on selected nights.
Getting there: 142 towards East Didsbury or 10-minute cycle down Wilmslow Road.

https://www.facebook.com/thedogandpartridgedidsbury

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes