Beautifying basics for boys

Grooming isn’t just for the girls, you guys can indulge in a little me time too. Adrienne Galloway gives us her male skincare picks to keep you looking good all winter long

With these three skincare brands, stubble burn, dry skin and spots will be a thing of the past. Head to Boots and fill your basket with some of our top product picks.

Nivea

Deep Cleansing Face Wash. Photo: Nivea

The hormones in  men’s bodies tend to make their skin more spot prone. Using a daily face wash can help keep skin clean and clear. A morning facial cleanse will leave skin feeling soft, whilst an evening wash is great for getting rid of the dirt that leads to clogged pores and blemishes. It’s important to get a face wash that caters to sensitive skin whilst being able to stop breakouts.

Exfoliating face scrub. Photo: Nivea

Exfoliating scrub should be used two to three times a week to unblock pores and clear away built-up dirt. Nivea contains vitamin E which helps promote healthy skin.

Clinique for Men

Cream Shave. Photo: Clinique For Men

Oh, how we love Movember. But for those who don’t partake in this annual festivity, a clean shave is still a vital part of the daily routine. Shaving cream will soften rough stubble for a flawless result. Make sure you give your skin time to wake up before you shave. Use hot water whilst shaving as it is absorbed by the hair, making it easier to cut. Shaving in the direction of hair growth minimises cuts whilst using a cream lifts the hairs ensuring a closer shave.

Post-shave Soother. Photo: Clinique For Men

The after care for shaving is just as important as the shaving itself. To avoid redness, apply a post-shave moisturiser like one from Clinique for Men which will help soothe dryness with its aloe vera formula. Soothing products reduce the likelihood of ingrown hairs and cool irritation. Simply apply directly after shaving. Clinique is allergy-tested, 100% fragrance-free and have been catering for men’s skincare needs since 1976.

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter for Men

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter for Men. Photo: Palmer’s

Moisturising is important for any skin type. The winter weather is here, which means that rain, snow and wind will have harsh effects on the skin. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula body lotion is an affordable toiletry essential that hydrates dry skin without getting too greasy. Opt for the men’s formula for a fast absorbing moisturiser with a fresh masculine scent, you’ll easily spot the distinctive grey bottle.

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?