Pangaea: DOs and DON’Ts

“It’s the end of the world and all that’s left is disco.” Pangaea Festival is always the perfect way to celebrate the end of exams, and this summer’s is set to be one of the best ever. Lifestyle editor Kitty Treverton Jones has the definitive guide to making the most of the night

DO dress up. It sounds obvious, but if you haven’t been to Pangaea before you may not understand the extent to which people go. The theme this year is Disco Apocalypse: think flares, afros, platform boots and some fake blood. See the Fashion section’s guide on what to wear if you’re looking for inspiration!

DO arrive early. You’ve paid enough money for a ticket, make the most of it! The queues reach their peak at around 10:30 – 11pm, so rather than being forced to admire that weird crab thing that’s been on display in the Museum since forever (that’s how long the queue can get), arrive early and explore all different rooms before it all gets too busy and you have to wait for half an hour to go to the loo.

DON’T miss your favourite act. You will never forgive yourself if you miss Sister Sledge because you’re too drunk and don’t realise what time it is.

DO pace yourself. Pangaea is much longer than the average night out, so try and remember this when you’re ordering shots at 11pm. You don’t want to be that person who gets sent home at 2am because they’re too drunk. Eat a carb-heavy dinner so you have the energy to last until the end!

DON’T lose everyone. So much time is wasted if you’re running around alone looking for your friends or waiting outside for someone who has disappeared. Organise to meet your group at a certain time or at a certain act, and other than that stick to smaller groups while you’re wandering around.

DO explore. With fifteen stages covering the Union, the Academy and even outside, there will be so much to see, so make sure you take the time to look around. The top floor of the Union is always full of surprises, and the outdoor stages always boast some great acts such as Riot Jazz. The decorations are going to be insane.

So don your best disco attire and get ready to see the world end in true Manchester style.

• Pingback: What to wear: Pangaea > The Mancunion()

• G4P3M4N

Eat a carb heavy dinner?? You’re going on a night out not doing an iron man

• Gary

Well its the last food you’ll be eating for 48 hours so probably good to load up