Top 5: Potential Future British Stars

We count down the British actors aged 25 or under who have the potential to be huge stars in the future

5) Jessica Henwick

Having had small but significant roles in the third season of Silk and fifth season of Game of Thrones, Jessica is rumoured to have a part in Star Wars: The Force Awakens—it would be hard for anyone to remain obscure after that. She’s yet to have a leading role in anything big, but you can expect that to change soon.

4) Will Poulter

Best known so far as the insufferable Eustace Scrubb in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and for his role in the relatively-underseen Maze Runner films, he’s now set for a part in Alejandro Iñárritu’s potential awards contender The Revenant. He’s another one to bet on leading a big franchise before long.

3) Kaya Scodelario

She’s had large roles in Skins and (again) in the Maze Runner films, but the film that will most likely bring her larger attention will be the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean sequel Dead Men Tell No Tales. I don’t have high hopes for the film itself, but I fully expect Kaya Scodelario to be a name of some note afterwards.

2) Jack O’Connell

Another Skins alumnus and the winner of this year’s BAFTA Rising Star Award, he had a killer year in 2014 with leading roles in Starred Up, ‘71 and Unbroken. These successes have demonstrated both his talent and his popularity—it’s hard to bet against him being a really big deal within the next few years.

1) John Boyega and Daisy Ridley

The leads in the new Star Wars. Is there any way of betting against these two being huge names in the future with that on their respective records? When December the 18th comes, you can count of them becoming British stars overnight.