Preview: Jamie xx

Once again, the monochrome golden boy of 2015 descends upon Manchester, this time bringing his iridescent beats to the city’s finest cathedral of rave – the Albert Hall

Let’s be honest, whether you like it or not, In Colour was one of the biggest releases of 2015. It confirmed that Jamie Smith could be something more than a fraction of x, something independent and bold. It also dropped us some pretty luscious hints at what the rest of The xx have in store for LP number three— intimate grandeur? steel drums?

So what better habitat for this beast to flash its fangs? Having previously hosted other Warehouse heavy weights like Bonobo and Andy C, the Albert Hall is grand, gothic and damn fun. And if that’s still not your cup of tea, then his DJ set at Warehouse Project’s Sounds of the Near Future immediately afterwards is sure to give you a curious spin on Smith’s chromatic music taste. After all, Jamie’s sets are difficult to disconnect from and are guaranteed to sweep you along for a nostalgia trip through his dark wide eyes.

Jamie XX plays the Albert Hall on Friday 16th October before taking over Warehouse Project’s Sounds of the Near Future at Store Street.

See    https://www.thewarehouseproject.com/calendar.php

for all remaining tickets including German techno giants Modeselektor and Manchester legends New Order