charlie-spargo

January Pangaea theme revealed

The theme of the 10th birthday of Pangaea Festival, the largest student-led festival in Europe, has been revealed

January 2016’s Pangaea theme will have a retro games theme, it was announced today.

Titled Pangaea: Level 10, this will be a celebration of the Festival’s 10th birthday. “Featuring 15 stages—or levels—across the entire Students’ Union and Manchester Academy site, almost 6,000 students are expected to attend,” say the organisers.

After the success of a sold-out September event, the Students’ Union are hoping that this will be the best one since its inception in January 2006.

“We’re incredibly excited for the 10th anniversary of a festival which has grown from strength to strength to be one of the most important dates in the student calendar,” says Joel Smith, Activities and Development Officer. “It’s been really exciting to see hundreds of students getting involved with such a dynamic project.”

2013 saw the first year that Pangaea hosted three events a year, adding a Welcome Week date on top of the January and June dates. Pangaea Festival has reportedly become the largest student-led festival in Europe.

Pangaea will take place between 8pm and 6am on Saturday the 30th of January 2016, to round off the exam period. Line-up and ticket details will be released in the coming weeks.