mritunjay-sharma

Review: All Rise

All Rise takes globalisation to newer heights in a competition of law and order

All Rise follows a story based on six talented individuals from different parts of the world, facing different kinds of socio-economic problems, with one goal in mind: to win Jessup. Jessup or Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court competition is the largest moot court competition with participants from over 550 law schools in more than 80 countries.

The film in the first part follows these six individuals, where they talk about their aspirations and their expectations from Jessup, as well as discussing the hardships that most of them go through in the regular scheme of life—the pressure mounted on them from different people to go and do something miraculous in the competition. In the second part, the rigorous competition starts in a football World Cup-style format, where in the beginning there are 80 teams that compete against each other in different groups which lead to next round of 32, where teams start to get eliminated in a one on one match. The two teams competing have to defend two fictional countries on an international dispute; they have to remember every case, every international law and have to make sure that the opponent does not get a hold of them in any case. In this process the six individuals that are followed have to take the pressure on. During this process some will falter, and some emerge as winner.