ellen-fouweather

Easy no-bake Oreo cheesecake

Whip up this creamy Oreo cheesecake using only four ingredients and your microwave

Ingredients:

– 200g Oreos

– 50g butter

– 400g cream cheese

– 200g white chocolate

– Optional decoration: an extra few Oreos to crumble on top

Equipment:

– 20cm Cake Tin

– Microwave

– Rolling pin

– Large sandwich bag

Method:

Put the Oreos in a large sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to crush them up into fine crumbs. Cut up the butter into chunks and microwave for 1 minute. Mix the Oreos and melted butter and press into a cake tin to make the base.

Next, break the white chocolate into chunks and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted. It is really important to only microwave the chocolate in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, so that it does not burn.

Once the chocolate is melted, beat it into the cream cheese and pour onto the base. Decorate with some more crushed-up Oreos and leave in the fridge to set for 2 hours.

Note:

If you don’t have all the equipment, you can improvise! Rather than using a cake tin, you can press the biscuit base onto a flat plate and then build up the filling on top. It won’t look as neat, but will still taste the same. Similarly, you can use pretty much any heavy object from your kitchen to crush up the Oreos (or you could bash the bag of Oreos against all the hard surfaces in your kitchen, though this can scare housemates).

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes

The concept of small plate dining

Tapas, dim sum, chaat, meze, banchan and more!