Preview: Nos Alive Festival 2016

“You had me at Radiohead”. Henry Scanlan previews the lineup at Lisbon’s Nos Alive Festival 2016

Nos Alive—formerly known as Optimus Alive—has had a track record of hosting big names and cult heroes.

This year the big names are bigger than ever: with Radiohead (!!!), Pixies, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, Foals, Fourtet, M83, Chemical Brothers, and Robert Plant, Nos Alive have managed to book the cream of the crop.

The roster of aforementioned cult heroes is almost as impressive: Father John Misty, Grimes, John Grant and Hot Chip will all be drinking from the same backstage water-cooler.

Of course, if you don’t already hold a ticket that’ll get you beyond the pearly entrance gates, then this is all rather moot, because full weekend passes have sold out. You’ll have to find entry by other means—perhaps you could dig a long tunnel starting from the south coast of England and ending beneath one of the festival portaloos. Paragliding from above could be another option.

HOWEVER: Before you resort to your dastardly schemes, let it be known that there are still day tickets left for Thursday 7th July. That’ll gain you entry to shows from Chemical Brothers, Pixies, Robert Plant and 2ManyDJs all in one day.

As for accommodation, you can camp on site or find a hostel somewhere in Lisbon—which just happens to be one of Europe’s most happening cities.

Tickets can be found here.