Josh Jenkins speaks to Labour MP and nominee for Mayor of Greater Manchester, Andy Burnham at the launch of his manifesto on 15th March 2017 about his student-related policies
- 7th December 2016 MMG Opinion: The Rise of Populism Why has populism become so prevalent in the Western world recently? Two of our opinion writers argue their viewpoints
- 24th October 2017 Mayor Andy Burnham awarded Doubleday Award Mayor has been praised for demonstrating "great leadership for our community in the wake of the tragic events"
- 17th March 2017 Burnham announces Graduate Retention Plan The Labour Mayoral election candidate announced the key student policy at his manifesto launch
- 13th November 2017 Firefighters attacked in Manchester on Bonfire Night Remember, Remember the 5th of November – the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue service will this year, after several firefighters were attacked throughout the night
- 16th March 2017 Interview: Andy Burnham MP After announcing his manifesto for Greater Manchester Mayor, Fuse TV and The Mancunion sat down with the Labour candidate to ask how his administration will impact students and graduates in Manchester
- 4th August 2017 A Mancunian version of the Oyster Card is now available Soon, city-dwellers will be able to use it across all public transport in Greater Manchester
- 31st October 2017 Safety ‘Night Owl’ scheme to launch in new year Amidst a reported climate of fear in Fallowfield, the 'Night Owl' scheme will aim to make streets feel safer for students
- 17th October 2017 A Student Life: Matt Harvison, creator of the Fallowfield safety petition After a recent surge in violent crime with students in Manchester being the prime target, Kizzy Bray meets the UoM student petitioning for the police and mayor Andy Burnham to take action […]
- 29th January 2018 Manchester homes to fund Council cuts Elected mayors to add their own charges to council tax bills to cope with increased cuts
- 18th September 2017 Manchester second most entrepreneurial UK city Mayor Andy Burnham tells The Mancunion that Manchester "doesn't like being second-best at anything"