katie-r-shepherd

Festival Preview: Slam Dunk

Katie Shepherd looks ahead to Slam Dunk 2017, which is certain to be a brilliant celebration of pop-punk

Slam Dunk is a festival that has grown exponentially over the past ten years, having quickly established itself as one of the country’s biggest, best and most highly anticipated festivals. With the full line-up having now almost entirely been released, 2017 is undoubtedly set to continue Slam Dunk’s winning streak.

The line-up, as always, is a brilliant combination of pop-punk nostalgia and the latest names in alternative music, showcasing some of the greatest bands and musicians in the music scene across all eight stages.

The main stage is packed with headlining acts, beginning the day with Japanese electronicore band, Crossfaith, who are certain to inject the crowd with all the energy they need, ready for rock favourites Deaf Havana and Don Broco. The night wraps up with a special set from Enter Shikari, who will be bringing their 10 year anniversary celebration of ‘Take To The Skies’ to the festival.

In the meantime, pivotal pop-punk band Neck Deep are headlining the Monster Energy Stage, following The Maine, whose sixth studio album was released this month and has already soared in the US Rock charts.

If this wasn’t exciting enough, the Key Club stage and the Signature Stage are hosting bands like Waterparks and With Confidence, who have been inciting noise from all over the alternative music scene over the past year, whilst Frank Iero and The Patience are a band well worth checking out, their raw honesty making them one of my personal favourites on the line up. Combine this with the likes of Tonight Alive, SVPES and Memphis May Fire, and Slam Dunk 2017 is bound to be the perfect way to kick off your summer!

Tickets are extremely reasonably priced, at £44 or £49 with afterparty entry, so are perfect for that post-dissertation celebration — or just because honestly, why not?

While Slam Dunk South tickets have already sold out, tickets for Slam Dunk North, taking place in Leeds city centre, and Slam Dunk Midlands (for those of you going home to somewhere further down south for the summer) are still available.

Tickets can be purchased via Luna Tickets here.

Or, if having seen this line-up you already know that you’re going to struggle to see all the bands you want to see in just one day, you can get yourself a Slam Dunk Mega Ticket, which gives you access to all three dates across the weekend, plus after parties and a limited edition T-Shirt. Mega Tickets are available here.