The not so Ordinary

Deciem, also known as The Abnormal Beauty Company has taken ownership of an umbrella of different beauty brands. I was intrigued and super excited to…

Deciem, also known as The Abnormal Beauty Company has taken ownership of an umbrella of different beauty brands. I was intrigued and super excited to try The Ordinary as I’d seen it gain popularity online, coveted by beauty bloggers and influencers alike.

It first caught my eye when browsing on ASOS, however much to my dismay, never appeared to be in stock.  Rule 1: Never get in the way of a girl when she sets her sights on beauty products.

In my haste to get my hands on these products, I headed down to their retailing space which resides in Shoreditch within Spitalfields Market. Their collection boasts a vast range of foundations, serums, oils and exfoliators. The Ordinary’s tag line is “clinical formulations with integrity”; the brand do not test on animals, and are free of parabens, mineral oils, sulphates, and animal oils. Cruelty free and vegan beauty is a trend that many companies are looking to adopt so it’s great to see this from Deciem.

I purchased two foundations, a primer and one of their hero products, the Cold Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil.

I was most impressed with their Coverage Foundation, it’s highly pigmented formula, dewy finish as well as the fact only a few drops are required for application won my vote.

The formula glides on smoothly and has real staying power, you can be sure this won’t budge even during the longest of days and heaviest of downpours known to our Manchester climate.  At £5.90 for a 30ml bottle of quality product, I will be wishing a fond farewell to my staple Mac Studio Fix Foundation. Paired with the High Spreadability Fluid Primer (£5.50) which smooths any creases and pores, you’re on to a winning combination.

The Cold-pressed Rosehip Seed Oil (£9) is not only versatile but has the most alluring scent.

Fact: Rosehip See Oil is a powerhouse ingredient used in cosmetics as it contains vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Combined, they create magic for your skin and correct dark spots, increase hydration penetration and reduce scarring and fine lines.

The Ordinary also stock a range of natural cold pressed oils that offer similar advantages include their Moroccan Argan Oil and Plant- Derived Squalane.

The branding imagery is strong and instantly recognisable, it’s clean and simple alluring to the sense of a luxury, high –end purchase but with a surprisingly low price point.

The Ordinary have won numerous awards including the CEW Beauty Award Winner 2017 and Grazia Beauty Awards 2016: Breakthrough Brand. The flourishing brand has also gained wide media coverage from the likes of The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Times, ELLE and Nylon, who have all featured the brand commenting on its affordability and quality.

Should you ever be in London, you can visit their store at: 5B The Market Building, Covent Garden,  London, WC2E 8RF

Deciem is also available to purchase on deciem.com and ASOS.