Gucci Street Style Guide

From their vibrant floral prints, to cool logo tees or the low-top trainers with the iconic red and green stripes – Gucci is killing the street style game. Here are four tips to style Gucci like Milan F/W Fashion Week’s street style stars

Florals
Renaissance-inspired florals are a regular on the Gucci catwalk: take this look street style by dressing down a flowing floral Gucci midi dress with a pair of trusty white (well perhaps once white) trainers and sports socks. Or if you want to go bold then a pair of chunky black biker boots – think Kaia Gerber for Vogue’s October issue. Both give a cool-girl edge to an otherwise ultra-feminine glam look.

Bum-Bag
Bum-bag, hip bag, fanny pack. Whatever you call it, this practical accessory is having its time on fashion’s hot list. An essential for WHP, or Fabric if you’re thinking London, take yours up a notch and style it out with a black velvet Gucci Marmont Matelasse Belt Bag. If you want to go retro, opt for the Gucci Supreme design – of course, worn slung across the body to give off that care-free vibe.

Slogan Tee
I couldn’t write an article on Gucci street style without giving the ubiquitous slogan tee a mention. Probably the easiest trend to latch on to; the Gucci t-shirt looks great whether tucked into a pair of mom jeans or a floral midi skirt, layered over a pair of black vinyl trousers or with a miniskirt and over-the-knee boots.

But, this look, like all other things Gucci, does come at a price: a white logo t-shirt will set you back a hefty £370. If you want to achieve this look without breaking the bank, then why not look to popular high street shops like River Island and Topshop who are churning out pretty convincing dupes. But, be sure to head over quick – there will be a lot of thrifty twenty-somethings also wanting to get on board with this trend for a fraction of the price.

Trainers or Sliders
We first saw the athleisure trend drop in the early 2010s and it doesn’t seem like it’s going anytime soon. The Gucci low-top trainers – the classic red and green stripes or the embroidered bee – look great whether teamed up with mum jeans and a baggy t-shirt or a pretty dress to make it look more casual.

For the ultimate Gucci look, why not wear with Gucci’s side-striped trousers and a boyfriend-fit blue shirt (unbuttoned halfway) – Victoria Beckham style. If it gets chilly, throw on a long black cardigan for a sophisticated, but laid-back look. Hold on though, the athleisure style revolution doesn’t stop here. For the daring among us, Gucci’s sliders sure do make a statement. Think loose-fit camel-coloured cashmere jumper dress, ankle-length sports socks, and Gucci Blooms.