Heidi Klum’s Halloween hell raiser

Heidi Klum’s now-famous annual Halloween bash, amazing as always

We all have some sort of plan for Halloween, whether that’s a club night, bar crawl, party, or even a lazy night in watching Hocus Pocus. Or Human Centipede (whatever floats your boat). Some will splash out on elaborate costumes and makeup but the majority will botch together some cat ears and drawn on whiskers with eyeliner.

However, across the pond, they do not mess around. This year, Americans are set to spend a record $9.1 billion on Halloween related goods. The crème de la crème of this American-dominated holiday? Heidi Klum’s annual Halloween bash. Crowned the Queen of Halloween, the German-American supermodel and businesswoman Heidi Klum takes her parties to a whole new level. No apple bobbing or pickled onion Monster Munch to be found here. For the past 17 years, she has thrown some of the most decadent Halloween parties in history, from New York to LA, with the guest list including film stars, singers, and the brightest of the fashion industry.

Whilst only the glitterati have invites to these hallowed halls, Klum always gives us a peak of her legendary costumes beforehand. A personal favourite includes the convincing old lady with wrinkles and varicose veins. Most recently however in 2016, she revealed her most outlandish costume yet. She opened her party with the unveiling of the slightly egotistical but ultimately tongue in cheek costume ‘The Sextuplets’.

Arriving in a giant crater stamped ‘Made in Germany’, she walked out with five clones wearing matching nude bodysuits and thigh-high boots. The models underwent two hours of prosthetics each, wearing six pieces and a wig, all done by Prosthetic Renaissance’s Mike Marino, celebrity makeup artist Mike Fontaine, and a talented team. Marino joked that the costume had cost 10 million dollars. Although we don’t know the real cost, it must have been substantial. After all, it isn’t exactly a black bin bag with a head hole.

If you are throwing a Halloween party this year, take a leaf from Heidi’s books and go all out. No ‘fun hats’ or dodgy contact lenses in sight. Some parting words of advice from the Queen herself? ‘Great makeup and a major push-up bra work’. Knock yourself out boys.