Impact Journalism

Photo: Wikipedia Commons

Ignored Histories: Empire in Education with Anindita Ghosh

Our education system woefully ignores our imperial history, leaving it noticeably absent from our lower school curriculum. This week, I spoke to Dr ...

Photo: Courtesy Sciences Po Refugee Help

Sciences Po Refugee Help

Though rising populist leaders, spreading islamophobia, and isolationist tendencies have threatened the future of refugees around the world, students at the leading ...

Photo: Kyleen Considine. Recipes and coupons — other money-saving options — dangle from the Pitt Pantry's ceiling and fill up a tack board on the wall

Pitt Pantry addresses rising food insecurity

After finishing a shift at Market Central, Alexandria Dsouza usually swings by the Pitt Pantry to pick up her groceries for the ...

Photo: Wikipedia Commons

Posted on Oct 16, 2017 1

Sciences Po Refugee Help

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 2

Posted on Apr 10, 2017 3
Photo: Wikipedia

As we continue our theme of black history month, this week Ellie Tivey talks to UoM senior lecturer Anindita Ghosh to discuss why history classrooms around the country are severely lacking in education on colonialism and how this is affecting our understandings of the world

Sciences Po Refugee Help

Sciences Po Refugee Help brings together asylum seekers with students passionate about helping refugees in an effort to “bridge the gap between those in need and those willing to act”

Photo: Kyleen Considine.Recipes and coupons — other money-saving options — dangle from the Pitt Pantry's ceiling and fill up a tack board on the wall

As food insecurity becomes a rising concern on college campuses, more colleges — including the University of Pittsburgh — are opening food pantries to feed hungry students tight on cash

Photo: The Daily Princetonian

Princeton Citizen Scientists aim to renew civic engagement

Princeton Citizen Scientists is a group of about 40 science, engineering, and social science graduate students who aim to address the current political discourse with their expertise

Photo: 475 nm: Perceptions on Mental Health / Courtesy

SafeSpace startup connects students experiencing mental health issues

UC Berkeley students are developing a website and mobile app to connect campus students experiencing mental health issues with other students who face similar experiences

Photo: Student Action

Students try and make a difference to the lives of Manchester’s homeless

The Mancunion spoke with Hannah Featherstone, Student Coordinator for the Homeless Outreach Project, to discuss the work University of Manchester students are doing to tackle the homelessness crisis in the city

Photo: Impact Journalism Day

Impact Journalism Day

The Mancunion has joined 20 newspapers, from across the US, UK, Europe, and Asia, to highlight student-led initiatives making an impact across the world

Photo: University of Manchester Students' Union

How intergenerational projects are tackling the loneliness crisis

With loneliness becoming an ever-increasing problem for the older generation, the Intergenerational Project at the University of Manchester sets out to tackle the issue by bringing elderly people together

Photo: Courtesy of Silo Funds

Blast off: Oxford startup ‘Silo’ seeks to address shortcomings in student funding

Silo Funds is crowdfunding for higher education, hoping to more easily match students with like-minded companies and philanthropists who will be interested in funding their education

Photo: Elaina Zachos. William Webber discussing details about the Coyle case at a CCC meeting in February. Webber has been following the case for 20 years.

Going Cold: Students investigated unsolved homicides in Pitt club

Janine Faust writes about University of Pittsburgh students involved in the Pitt’s Conquering Cold Cases Club