Health and Wellbeing

Photo: Stephen Train @Flickr

UoM Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Week

It's no secret that students love a big night out, but when does two or three drinks, or the occasional line, become ...

Photo: SICK! Festival

SICK! Festival brings life to Manchester

SICK! Festival is a shared space of “experiences, reflection and connection” brought together to form an international arts programme that promotes healthy ...

Photo: rockspindeln @Flickr

Are you #VEGCURIOUS?

Have you been having some affectionate thoughts about vegetables lately? Perhaps you’ve been wondering about alternative sources of protein but you’re not ...

Photo: Stephen Train @Flickr

UoM Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Week

Posted on Mar 13, 2017 1
Photo: SICK! Festival

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 2
Photo: rockspindeln @Flickr

Are you #VEGCURIOUS?

Posted on Mar 7, 2017 3
Photo: Stephen Train @Flickr

UoM Drugs and Alcohol Awareness Week

Emma Shanks caught up with a sample of mainly students ahead of University of Manchester’s Drug and Alcohol Awareness Week, to talk about the ongoing issue of substance abuse

Photo: SICK! Festival

Manchester is made to feel a little better with a full schedule of SICK! events, and we’re here to give you a little preview of what’s to come this month

Photo: rockspindeln @Flickr

Are you #VEGCURIOUS?

Curious about the vegan lifestyle that’s taking the world by storm? Come along to Vegan Week at the SU to find out more

Photo: Cancer Research UK Race for Life

Race for Life in the New Year!

Struggling to stick to your New Year’s resolutions? Why not sign up for the Race for Life, and give yourself a goal to aim for

Photo: amenclinics.com @Flickr

How to cope with anxiety at university

If you suffer with anxiety at university, you’re not alone and there are so many services that can help you to manage it whilst completing your studies

Photo: timothy.actwell @Flickr

Men more likely to suffer from academic ‘imposter syndrome’ than women

A recent study by the University of Houston shows that male academics are more likely to suffer from work-related anxiety, depression, and ‘Imposter Syndrome’ than their female counterparts

Photo: hernanpc @Flickr

Work out your winter workouts

Don’t go into hibernation this winter — fight the cold and keep up your workout routine with these top tips from Lifestyle contributor Cachella Smith

Photo: Practical Cures @Flickr

Ways to relieve anxiety

Taking care of your own mental health is important — here are some ways to manage anxiety whilst waiting for professional help

Photo: Manchester Student Guide

Escaping the concrete jungle

Fed up with Manchester looking so grey? Get some green in your life and discover a park near you, with the help of VoucherCloud’s Manchester Student Guide

Photo: alexranaldi @Flickr

Think before you drink

Lifestyle contributor Cachella Smith talks about being sober at university — and why she still enjoys a great night out, without alcohol

Photo: Brandon Giesbrecht @Flickr

The drugs don’t work – the true cost of drug-taking

Rebecca Carr investigates the long-term effects of drugs on your mind and body, with the Priory Group’s new campaign to educate students

Photo: topgold @Flickr

Stress: let’s talk about it

Struggling with stress? Don’t worry, Qiarna Bondswell is here with some top tips to help you tackle your stress head-on, and enjoy university life at the same time