Business

Photo: UKParliament @Flickr

New parallels drawn between 'white working class' and BME communities

A rise in identity politics since Brexit has shown there is a serious division between socio-economic groups within the UK. With 59 ...

Photo: Manchester Enterprise Centre. VF 2016 winners: From left, Niall Coogan (Maximum Wind), Mustafa Khanwala (MishiPay), Lynn Sheppard (Director of Manchester Enterprise Centre), Leopoldo Rodríguez (CryoPhyc), Martin Henery (Venture Competition Director and Enterprise Academic), Liam Wright (Social Growth)

Venture further winner and runner up encourage students to enter competition

Venture Further is the The Manchester Enterprise Centre's competition looking to find the next big start-up from the University of Manchester. Students and recent ...

Photo: Venture Further

Venture Further: a taste of success

Manchester Enterprise Centre is looking to support the next big start-up from the University of Manchester through Venture Further 2017, inviting students and ...

Photo: UKParliament @Flickr

New parallels drawn between 'white working class' and

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 1

Venture further winner and runner up encourage students

Posted on Mar 22, 2017 2
Photo: Venture Further

Venture Further: a taste of success

Posted on Feb 28, 2017 3
Photo: UKParliament @Flickr

New parallels drawn between ‘white working class’ and BME communities

Reports by the Runnymede Trust and CLASS suggest the ‘white working class’ label may potentially damage hopeful policies that will benefit the working classes

Photo: Manchester Enterprise Centre

Leopoldo Rodríguez and Unéné Gregory, previous winner and runner-up the Manchester Enterprise Centre’s Venture Further competition speak about their experience of the competition and encourage students to enter

Photo: Venture Further

Venture Further: a taste of success

University of Manchester student Leopoldo Herrera-Rodríguez launched his first start-up idea thanks to Venture Further, and you could do the same

Photo: @vsaid

Applications from EU graduates to UK jobs decline by 18%

The UK is suffering from a decrease in the number of EU graduates that are applying for jobs according to a survey conducted by LinkedIn with over 3 million participants

Photo: Junaid Ali Bokhari

Preview: money.co.uk founder speaks to Manchester entrepreneurs

Interested in starting your own business? Manchester alumni Chris Morling comes to university this week to inspire students to take their first steps into entrepreneurship

Photo: Weber Shandwick

Venture Out, and achieve success

Manchester Enterprise Centre’s renowned Venture Out competition is back for another year of finding the best and brightest future business stars

Oikonomou's company hopes to revolutionise energy system efficiency. Photo: National Graphene Institute

Manchester graphene start-up wins Royal Society prize

Former Manchester Ph.D. student Antonios Oikonomou has already won £50,000 through the Eli & Britt Harari competition to develop Eksagon

Photo: Global Development Institute

Justine Greening speaks to staff & students at Global Development Institute

The Secretary of State for International Development visited the university last week to consult with experts on how to tackle economic gender inequality across the world

Medics strike in January. Photo: The Mancunion

Public support for junior doctors stays strong as third strike is carried out

Medics walked out for the third time on Wednesday 9th March—ahead of two more 48-hour strikes in April

Photo: SOUP Rusholme @Facebook

Students hold first Rusholme SOUP event

A group of UoM students bring the pioneering SOUP format to Manchester, hoping to get local innovations and ideas micro-funded to improve the community

Photo: Manchester Entrepreneurs Society

What Next? Conference brings the best in tech to the North West

Interested in business and how to break in? Want to kickstart your own start up? Excited to enter the world of entrepreneurship? This is the conference for you

LSBF has said the college will intensify teaching in order for international students to receive their degrees on time Photo: DariaRomanova@Wikimedia Commons

International students at London business school asked to leave UK

The NUS expressed disappointment with the government by criticizing its flawed system that is now forcing lecturers to speed up teaching for the next semester and thus provide for an unfulfilling university experience in the UK