Business

Photo: Junaid Ali Bokhari

Preview: money.co.uk founder speaks to Manchester entrepreneurs

On Wednesday 23rd of November, Chris Morling, Manchester graduate and top entrepreneur behind the hugely successful comparison website money.co.uk, will be speaking to Entrepreneurs@Manchester and ...

Photo: Weber Shandwick

Venture Out, and achieve success

Venture Out is the University of Manchester’s signature student ideas competition, run by the Manchester Enterprise Centre.  The 2016/17 Venture Out Competition ...

Oikonomou's company hopes to revolutionise energy system efficiency. Photo: National Graphene Institute

Manchester graphene start-up wins Royal Society prize

Innovative energy start-up Eksagon, started by former Manchester Ph.D. student Antonios Oikonomou, took second prize in the energy & environment category of ...

Photo: Junaid Ali Bokhari

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 1
Photo: Weber Shandwick

Venture Out, and achieve success

Posted on Oct 27, 2016 2

Posted on Jun 27, 2016 3
Photo: Junaid Ali Bokhari

Interested in starting your own business? Manchester alumni Chris Morling comes to university this week to inspire students to take their first steps into entrepreneurship

Photo: Weber Shandwick

Venture Out, and achieve success

Manchester Enterprise Centre’s renowned Venture Out competition is back for another year of finding the best and brightest future business stars

Former Manchester Ph.D. student Antonios Oikonomou has already won £50,000 through the Eli & Britt Harari competition to develop Eksagon

Photo: Global Development Institute

Justine Greening speaks to staff & students at Global Development Institute

The Secretary of State for International Development visited the university last week to consult with experts on how to tackle economic gender inequality across the world

Medics strike in January. Photo: The Mancunion

Public support for junior doctors stays strong as third strike is carried out

Medics walked out for the third time on Wednesday 9th March—ahead of two more 48-hour strikes in April

Photo: SOUP Rusholme @Facebook

Students hold first Rusholme SOUP event

A group of UoM students bring the pioneering SOUP format to Manchester, hoping to get local innovations and ideas micro-funded to improve the community

Photo: Manchester Entrepreneurs Society

What Next? Conference brings the best in tech to the North West

Interested in business and how to break in? Want to kickstart your own start up? Excited to enter the world of entrepreneurship? This is the conference for you

LSBF has said the college will intensify teaching in order for international students to receive their degrees on time Photo: DariaRomanova@Wikimedia Commons

International students at London business school asked to leave UK

The NUS expressed disappointment with the government by criticizing its flawed system that is now forcing lecturers to speed up teaching for the next semester and thus provide for an unfulfilling university experience in the UK

Pennell will leave the university effective from March 31st. Photo: piku @Flickr

University IT Director resigns soon after outsourcing conflicts

Less than a month ago, IT workers were informed that the structural shakeup of the department was being put on hold

Martin Lewis formerly headed the Independent Taskforce on Student Finance Information. Photo: Cabinet Office @Flickr

Retroactive student loan alteration “disgraceful,” says Martin Lewis

The founder of popular consumer finance blog moneysavingexpert.com has written an open letter to the Prime Minister in the hopes that the decision will be reversed

Photo: The Boar, Warwick Globalist

Leaked letter shows Warwick supports scrapping Freedom of Information

Student journalists at Warwick have called upon the university to retract their opposition to FOI, after seeing a leaked letter by management which states their belief universities should be exempt from this landmark transparency regulation

Photo: The Student Nucleus

MBS students’ Student Nucleus reaches finals of Grad Factor

The Student Nucleus is down to the final 12 to win a set of incredible opportunities to grow their business