ceri-wills

An Insight into the Pakistan Society

Whilst being the official society for Pakistani students at the University of Manchester, the society caters for absolutely anyone with an interest in Pakistani culture. The society prides itself in being as open and diverse a society as possible. Membership costs £3 for an academic year which entitles you to a discount on events and […]
An Insight into the Pakistan Society

Whilst being the official society for Pakistani students at the University of Manchester, the society caters for absolutely anyone with an interest in Pakistani culture. The society prides itself in being as open and diverse a society as possible.

Membership costs £3 for an academic year which entitles you to a discount on events and the opportunity to become a member of the committee, which currently consists of a recently re-elected and expanded team of 14 hard-working students. I would strongly encourage each and every one of you to come to an event; be it only to taste the society’s ethos or to taste some delicious food.

The Pakistan society is an active society hosting many events throughout the year. It has already boasted a welcome dinner and a fantastic Eid Mela that entertained an audience of over 300 students. Over the last year the society has dramatically transformed, becoming more innovative in its events. This has subsequently resulted in not only a rise in members but also a rise in creativity and enthusiasm. One thing is for sure: the Pakistan society is not taking a step back. The society is constantly improving and looking to do the best we can to promote Pakistani culture for all students.

It is an exciting time for the Pakistan society who are on a journey to provide the best entertainment so make sure you are a part of it!

To find out more on the Pakistan society, please visit the official Facebook page; alternatively, email the society at [email protected]

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

Review: Scooby Doo: The Panto (UoM Panto Society)

Jessica Hamilton reviews Scooby Doo: The Panto at Manchester Academy 2
Missing Money, Broken Membership System: Societies’ Rising Discontent With Student’s Union

UoM’s society committees draw light on a frustrating year of operating under lockdown restrictions alongside an unresponsive Student’s Union
Join Fashion Soc’s Fashion Business Panel Discussion

The University of Manchester’s Fashion society’s fashion business panel discussion with industry speakers
International Women’s Day: Join Women In Business Society’s Female Founders of Manchester Panel

Women in Business society is hosting a panel event highlighting female business owners in Manchester.