ceri-wills

Starved For Attention

Megan Corder and Friends of Médecins Sans Frontières came a little closer to understanding the agony of starvation this week, denying themselves the right to eat from Thursday afternoon until late Friday night as part of their “Starved for Attention” campaign, in a striking attempt to raise awareness of child malnutrition. The thirty-hour fast was […]
Starved For Attention

Megan Corder and Friends of Médecins Sans Frontières came a little closer to understanding the agony of starvation this week, denying themselves the right to eat from Thursday afternoon until late Friday night as part of their “Starved for Attention” campaign, in a striking attempt to raise awareness of child malnutrition. The thirty-hour fast was a staggering success, the participants “Just Giving” account alone totalling over £1,000.

“Horrendous. So difficult” said one of the group, mid-munch, “I didn’t expect it to actually be so hard, and it’s really made me realise the gravity of the problem…that for some children this kind of extreme hunger is a way of life”

Join their mailing list at [email protected] to keep an eye out for upcoming events, and to find out how you can help them as they fight tirelessly for their cause.

Ceri Wills

Ceri Wills

Former Societies editor (2011-2012).

Review: Scooby Doo: The Panto (UoM Panto Society)

Jessica Hamilton reviews Scooby Doo: The Panto at Manchester Academy 2
Missing Money, Broken Membership System: Societies’ Rising Discontent With Student’s Union

UoM’s society committees draw light on a frustrating year of operating under lockdown restrictions alongside an unresponsive Student’s Union
Join Fashion Soc’s Fashion Business Panel Discussion

The University of Manchester’s Fashion society’s fashion business panel discussion with industry speakers
International Women’s Day: Join Women In Business Society’s Female Founders of Manchester Panel

Women in Business society is hosting a panel event highlighting female business owners in Manchester.