kate-bullivant

Events Listings 24th-28th September

Find what you can get involved in this week.

EVENTS LISTINGS

Monday 24th September

TAEKWON-DO, WELCOME SESSION

Armitage Centre: 7pm

It’s a chance to see what Taekwon-do is all about, what skills you will be able to learn and there will also be a free demonstration. It kicks off at 7pm.

Tuesday 25th September

DRAMA SOCIETY SOCIAL

Wahl Bar, Fallowfield: 8pm – 1pm

Be part of a brilliant and ever growing society this year. Come to our first free social at Wahl Bar, Fallowfield from 8pm. Everyone is welcome, so don’t miss out! Looking forward to seeing you all.

MANCHESTER BHANGRA SOCIETY – WELCOME EVENT

Manchester University Student Council Chambers: 7 30pm – 10 30pm.

Bhangra is an energetic collaboration of dance, vocals and performance originally practiced in the northern regions of India. We compete in competitions at national level as well as holding weekly dance classes for all abilities. So come along to the social to get involved.

Contact: [email protected]

Wednesday 26th September

BA ECON SOCIETY SOCIAL

Owen’s Park Bar, Fallowfield: 8pm – 1pm

Fresher’s and non-fresher’s, the BA Econ society is back with our first social of the year! We will start off with drinks and games at Owen’s Park bar from 8pm.

We will then hit Fallowfield’s finest establishments where you will be spoilt with discounted drinks, extreme socialising, outrageous dancing and intense boogieing until the early hours.

Keep an eye on the BA Econ society page for more information about the social:  http://www.facebook.com/groups/2202405416/ See you all there!

Thursday 27th September

RAG

Choose a Challenge Fair

Owen’s Park Bar, Fallowfield: 8pm – 9pm

If you’re interested in being part of RAG this year, then the Choose a Challenge Fair is not something you want to miss.  Find out all the different challenges we have on offer, and how you can be part of raising money for charity.

MANCHESTER BHANGRA SOCIETY – FIRST DANCE CLASS

MMU Student’s Union, 3rd floor: 6pm – 7 30pm

Try something new – everyone is welcome even if you’ve never danced before.

In conversation with the Feminist Collective: “It’s about making sure that no one’s voice goes unheard”

The Mancunion sat down with the University of Manchester’s Feminist Collective to talk about their society values, their plans for the year ahead, and intersectional feminism

Review: Tiramisu (UMDS)

Tiramisu, which was performed at the University of Manchester SU, is an excellently existential adaptation of Annie Baker’s The Antipodes

Review: Skies in the Cloud (UMDS)

Skies in the Cloud exhibits intimate and ethereal themes, showcasing the talent of UMDS students

Review: Stump (UMDS)

The Mancunion reviews Stum, performed by the University of Manchester Drama Society at The Brewers in Gay Village