chloe-letcher

Craving and Saving: Red Carpet accessories

Lusting after something that you simply cannot afford right now? Here is the high street alternative.

Craving- Mawi Emerald gemstone earrings (Available at Harrods) £289.

harrods.com

When assessing the contenders of this year’s red carpet style awards, as much attention will be paid to the accessories that compliment a dress, as to the dress itself. The Mawi jewellery brand launched in 2002, and is prized for its eclectic pieces that offer a vintage edge. These earrings balance contemporariness and timelessness with the tassle design and the rose gold respectively. The emerald gemstone gives them a regal feel and makes them the perfect craving item to achieve that red carpet style.

Saving- Triumphal Blue Earrings Swarovski £99

shopstyle.com

Swarovski are a great brand for providing the ultimate dress jewellery pieces, without the hefty price tags. These chandelier earrings offer a gorgeous pop of colour with the turquoise acrylic glass, and the floral motif design is enough to bring red carpet glamour to any outfit.

Creative to Con Artist: An insight into concert merchandise

An insight into the creative history of concert merchandise and how current artists are exploiting their fans through the sale of fast fashion with a lacks of creativeness
Beauty is Pain … And Money: Cosmetic money saving tips

Read for tips on saving money on cosmetics, finding the best deals, and how to make your favourite product last a little bit longer
Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.