rachel-bolland

Festival: Dot To Dot

A festival that prides itself on exhibiting some of the freshest new bands around

24th May

Perhaps one of the worst things about booking a festival ticket is the utter, utter dread that our notoriously schizophrenic British weather just won’t cooperate. There’s always a risk that after spending £200 on a ticket and then the same again in transport, supplies and copious booze, you’ll end up spending a weekend soaked to the skin and covered in mud. And that’s the joy of a multi-venue city festival. The heavens can open all they like but you’ll be standing inside a nice warm venue and at the end of the night, you can go home to a shower and a warm bed.

The first night of three with the crew rolling in to Nottingham and Birmingham the same weekend., the Manchester leg is taking place in a number of venues surrounding Oxford Road train station: Ritz, Sound Control, Joshua Brooks, Deaf Institute & Zoo. The festival has always prided itself on exhibiting some of the freshest new bands around; at the top of the bill are the always wonderful Dry the River and critics’ darling Tom Odell but further down there’s some of the best new talent currently winning over the music blogs. Be sure to catch the likes of Wolf Alice, new indie-pop wonders, Thumpers, MØ – who’s being touted as the Danish Grimes, Chloë Howl and Story Books before they rise out of their relative obscurity.

Check the stage times and ticket info here.