music
4th July 2014

Album: Jamie Jooste – The Man is Always Right

Think you know relationships? Think again…

Born into a family of singers, it’s no wonder Jamie Jooste’s sound on The Man Is Always Right, pays homage to such a breadth of iconic R&B and Soul legends. The material draws upon six relationship scenarios with each story from a different perspective, be it that of a child witnessing their own parents troubles, or as an experienced woman who becomes a mistress type figure in the eyes of her man.

The EP is alive with warm electric and pulsating beats, giving Jamie’s soulful voice and diva-like persona a fresh and contemporary feel. The tracks on this record are littered with sophisticated pop hooks, pouring with emotion and drama; bringing these tales to life.

Fusing all the elements together is rapper and producer Jay Picasso; supplying bars and a more importantly a male voice to the table. The combination of these two artists has culminated in a vibrant and bold selection of songs, with Jamie Jooste’s intricate melodies and harmonies at the core. At only 25, the progression of this South African born, modern-day diva is one to pay close attention to.

http://www.jamiejooste.com/

In conversation with Fergus McCreadie

Fergus McCreadie talks improvisation, inspirations and recording ahead of his headline show at Band on the Wall

boygenius return with three new singles ahead of the release of the record

Triple threat boygenius return with an equal triple threat of singles, their first since 2018

Jsky: Célfie – A new force to be reckoned with

Manchester-based artist Jsky’s latest EP ‘Célfie’ is released on Valentines Day so prepare for the best

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!